- Venu Perla, Sastry S. Jayanty*, David G. Holm and Robert D. Davidson (2013). Relationship between tuber storage proteins and tuber powdery scab resistance in potato.American Journal of Potato Research. DOI: 10.1007/s12230-013-9343-y. Published online
- Diganta Kalita, David G. Holm and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2013). Role of polyphenols in acrylamide formation in the fried products of potato tubers with colored flesh. Food Research International. 54:753-759. Published online.
- Diego Fajardo, Sastry S. Jayanty and Shelley Jansky (2013). Rapid high throughput amylose determination in freeze dried potato tuber samples. The Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE) (80), e50407, doi:10.3791/50407
- Diganta Kalita and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2012). Reduction of Acrylamide Formation by Vanadium Salt in Potato French Fries and Chips. Food Chemistry. 138: 644–649 (Published online) Link
- Venu Perla and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2012). Biguanide related compounds in traditional antidiabetic functional plant foods. Food Chemistry. 138:1574–1580 (Published online ) Link
- Henry Castleberry and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2012). An Experimental Study of Pressure Flattening During Long-Term Storage in Four Russet Potato Cultivars with Differences in At-Harvest Tuber Moisture Loss. American Journal of Potato Research 89:269-276. Link
- Venu Perla, David G. Holm and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2012). Selenium and sulfur content and activity of associated enzymes in selected potato germplasm. 2012. American Journal of Potato Research. 89:111-120.
- Venu Perla, David G. Holm and Sastry S. Jayanty* (2012). Effects of cooking methods on polyphenols, pigments and antioxidant activity in potato tubers. LWT- Food Science and Technology 45:161-171.
- Akifumi Sugiyama, Jorge M. Vivanco, Sastry Jayanty and Daniel K. Manter (2010). Pyrosequencing assessment of soil microbial communities in organic and conventional potato farms.Plant Disease 94:1329-1335.
- Hoo Sun Chung, Abraham J.K. Ko, Xiaoli Gao, Sastry Jayanty, Daniel Jones, and Gregg A. Howe (2008). The Jasmonate Signaling Pathway Mediates Rapid De‐Repression of Wound‐ and Herbivore‐Responsive Genes in Arabidopsis: Testing the JAZ Repressor Model. Plant Physiology 146:952‐964.
- Kandoth PK, Ranf S, Pancholi SS, Sastry Jayanty, Walla MD, Miller W, Howe GA, Lincoln DE, and Stratmann JW. (2007). Tomato MAPKs LeMPK1, LeMPK2, and LeMPK3 function in the systemin‐mediated defense response against herbivorous insects. PNAS 104: 12205‐12210.
- Ko J‐H, Kim J H, Sastry Jayanty, Howe GA, Han K‐H (2006). Loss of function of COBRA, a determinant of oriented cell expansion, invokes cellular defense responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. J. Exp Botany 57: 2923 ‐ 2936.
- Chuanyou Li, Guanghui Liu, Anthony L. Schilmiller, Gyu In Lee, Sastry Jayanty, Carolyn Sageman, and Gregg A. Howe. (2005) Role of β‐oxidation in Jasmonate Biosynthesis and Systemic Wound Signaling in Tomato. The Plant Cell. 17, 971‐986.
- Postharvest factors affecting potato quality and storability. In Postharvest Biology and Technology of Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers (2008). Sastry Jayanty Edited by Gopi Paliyath, Avtar Handa. Pages 392-417. Blackwell Publishing.
- Modified atmosphere packaging and controlled atmosphere storage in Environmentally Friendly Technologies for Agricultural Produce Quality Pages 61‐112. Edited by Shimshon Ben‐Yehoshua 2005 by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 6000 Broken Sound Parkway NW, Suite 300, Boca Raton, FL 33487‐2742
- Pressure bruise incidence and cultivar susceptibility
- Molecular studies on powdery scab disease in potato
- Nutritional aspects of potato
- Antioxidant activities, total phenolics, flavonoids, flavonols, lutein and anthocyanins
- Resistant starch in potato
- Acrylamide analysis in french frys, baked tubers and methods to reduce acrylamide formation
- Biguanides – antidiabetic compounds
- Selenium accumulation in different cultivars